The intersections between virtuality and drag stem from ways of speaking about virtual reality as simulation and the drag definition of ‘realness’. Virtual Drag generated a small buzz internationally in new media art circles. This project has been assisted by the Australian Government through the Australia Council for the Arts, its arts funding and advisory body, Deakin Motion.Lab & Media Lab Melbourne.
- Virtual Lifes's a Drag: Queering VR, panel presentation by Alison Bennett, SXSW Interactive, Austin TX, 13 Mar 2017
- Videonale Festival of Video and Time-Based Arts, Kunstmuseum, Bonn, 16-19 Feb 2017, MELT Festival, Brisbane, 25 Jan – 4 Feb 2017
- Twist 360, Seattle, Oct 2016
- #SHEMAKES by Geek Girl Academy, 10 Sept 2016
- 360Vision (mobile app), Screen NSW, 2016
- Kaleidoscope Summer Showcase, London, New York, Berlin, Los Angeles, Seoul, San Francisco, 2016
- UNIT Festival, Berlin, 16 Apr 2016
- Melbourne Queer Film Festival, ACMI, 4 & 10 Apr 2016
- Kaleidoscope World Tour of VR, Melbourne, 12 Apr 2016
- Storia Salon presented by VRTOV as a satellite to the AIDC, 2 Mar 2016
- Kingston Arts Centre Pop Up Lab program organised by Media Lab Melbourne, 12 Feb 2016
- Testing Grounds Studio, a Midsumma Festival premier event, 1-7 Feb 2016.